2018 CYLC (Community Youth Leadership Camp) Application Process
Welcome to 2018 CYLC; please be aware that the application has two-step process. You may always refer to Application Q&A for additional information.
CYLC Parents’ conference is on January 7, Sunday 2:00pm to 3:30pm at DFW Innovation Center (1201 International Pkwy, #200, Richardson, TX 75081). Welcome parents and students join us to better learn about CYLC and the application process.
Date: 7/16 to 7/21 Monday to Saturday
Place: Texas A&M-Commerce University
STEP ONE: ONLINE APPLICATION (Starts January 15 Monday to January 21 Sunday)
- Online applications will open at different times depending on each camper-applicant’s grade level. Please follow the date for the grade level (Q&A question #5).
- Fill out the requested camper general information online by following the application instructions.
- At the end of the application, please Print Out (or Save) the confirmation page (last page).
- After you submit the online application, CYLC will send a notification through email to confirm whether or not the applicant’s submitted application was accepted by CYLC, depending on the availability of camper spots for the applicant’s grade level.
- Applicants will be placed on the waiting list if the applicant’s grade level is full.
- The acceptance email will be sent in 7 days after the completion of online application.
- Click CYLC Online Application to begin the application process.
- The online application is continue available after the date for each grade level.
STEP TWO: MAIL IN ACCEPTANCE PACKAGE (Starts January 25, 2018)
- Once you receive the acceptance email from CYLC (not just a confirmation of receipt of your application), download the acceptance package which includes the 2018 CYLC acceptance package, TAMU waiver form 1 and TAMU waiver form 2.
- Fill out the acceptance forms and waiver form by following the instructions listed.
- A complete Acceptance Package should include:
- Completed camper information form (plus counselor application form if you wish to apply to be a counselor or assistant counselor)
- Copy of your medical insurance card (front and back)
- Signed and completed CYLC waiver form
- Signed camp rule agreement form
- Camp fee (check payable to CYLC)
- Signed and completed TAMU waiver forms
- Printout of your online application confirmation page
- Mail the complete Acceptance Package to “CYLC, P.O. Box 868156, Plano, TX 75086.”
- The complete Acceptance Package must be postmarked by January 31, 2018. No late or incomplete Acceptance Packages will be accepted. If you are on the waiting list, you will be notified of the status of your application sometime after February 10, 2018.
DO NOT Mail in an Acceptance Package without receiving the acceptance email notice from CYLC. Failure to follow this instruction may result in disqualification of the application altogether. Application Q&A is available for additional information.